Spring is in the air! We are loving the blossoming trees, birds singing, and the sun shining! We wanted to take a quick minute to share our top 10 Spring cleaning tips -
1. Clean EVERY single room in your house. You can schedule the way you clean! If you have three floors in your house, give yourself 3 weeks. Each week is assigned to a different level of your house. Then, each day is assigned to a different room of the house. This way you aren't trying to tackle everything all at once. So for example, week 1, upstairs of the house. A bedroom on one day, bathroom the next, etc.
2. Get picky! Don't just get rid of things in drawers, take everything out of drawers, sanitize the drawer, and then sort the items before placing them back in the drawers.
3. Get rid of expired cosmetic products! Did you know makeup, shampoo, etc., can expire? Here is a brief list of items and when they expire once opened.
Once open 24 Months - Shampoo, Blush, Powder, Eyeliner, ShowerGel
Once open 12 Months - Sunscreen, Eye shadow, Lotion, Lipstick
Once open 6 Months - Mascara, Lip gloss, Liquid Eyeliner
4. Only keep items that bring you joy! I know it sounds cheesy but if you haven't read the book The Life Changing Art of Tidying Up, you won't understand! The author talks about keeping items that only bring you true joy and it is life changing. Give it a read folks and then sort through your stuff.
5. Clean the stuff you wouldn't think about cleaning. What does that mean you might ask? Stuff like your dishwasher and washer actually need to be cleaned. Use household items like vinegar and baking soda to get the job done!
6. Unclog your drains! Drano can be hard on the drains so come on in with the vinegar and baking soda again to get those drains flowing.
7. Clean your door knobs. Who would have thought? But lets be real, door knobs in our house get touched SO many times a day and definitely need to be sanitized!
8. Spring cleaning doesn't just need to be your actual house! Take time to clean your computer by organizing your folders, making sure it is clear of viruses, and deleting unnecessary content.
9. Make your own laundry detergent. Take an hour between cleaning to add something new to your cleaning process! Make your own natural laundry detergent. Saves you money and chemicals.
10. Get creative with the way you clean complicated spots like blinds. Snag a pair of tongs and two towels. Rap each towel on each end of the tongs. Use these tongs to go in-between the blinds. More details here.