- Pick flight times when you know you and your baby will do best on.
- Only bring things that are absolutely necessary and check your baggage so you have less to drag around. Be sure to check beforehand what your airlines allow you to check or bring (strollers, car seats, etc.)
- Be ready for Security check. Rules are always changing so make sure to read the most recent TSA rules and be prepared. If they are available use the TSA family lines.
- Let the TSA people know what your liquids and baby food are. You can take all the formula, milk, and even water bottles to make your formula.
- Carry on your most important items (diapers, formula, food) and even bring extra. You never know if you will have an unexpected layover or if your luggage will be lost.
- Dress your baby appropriately. Layers that are easy to take off.
- Wear comfortable and functional clothing to the airport.
- Bring a variety of toys and new toys your child has never played with before.
- Wear your baby. Your carrier doesn’t have to go on the security belt.
- Give your little one something to eat while you are taking off and landing because they don’t know how to pop their ears yet. A pacifier will work as well.
- When you get to your gate to check-in ask if there are two open seats anywhere on the plane. If there are bring your car seat on the plane with you.
- Get everything set up before you take off. It’s easier to get stuff from the pocket of your seat, instead of a diaper bag by your feet, if you’re flying alone.
HUSH Hat – HUSH Baby
The HUSH Hat is a sound-absorbing hat for babies. It’s perfect whether you’re flying or driving to your destination. In a small cabin in the airplane it can become very noisy with all the people and children crammed in a small area, as well as the loud engine. The HUSH Hat will help your baby sleep through it all. You don’t have to worry about your baby crying and people giving you dirty looks. While driving the HUSH Hat will also help keep your baby asleep so you don’t have to constantly stop to console them. Noisy siblings - no problem - the HUSH Hat will allow your baby to sleep through it.
Lotus Everywhere Crib – Guava Family
The Lotus travel crib is easy to take with you because there is no frame, it is lightweight, and you can pack it into its carry case that also turns into a backpack. It takes 15 seconds to put together and even has a zippered side door to make it easy for your little one to get in and out.
LugBug Carseat Handle - LugBug
The LugBug is a handle that clips onto your car seat carrier. It makes carrying your little one around so much easier, less painful, and offers a much more comfortable carrying position. It is lightweight and exceptionally strong.
Inflatable Travel Nursing Pillow - My Brest Friend
This portable nursing pillow is easy to inflate and deflate. It lays flat and can easily fit in a diaper bag or purse. It is very lightweight and brings the familiarity of home on the go.
Refresh-A-Baby Water bottle adapter – Refresh-A-Baby
Refresh-a-Baby is a universal water bottle and beverage adapter that makes any drink suitable for a baby to drink from. They offer a baby bottle top and a sippy cup version for toddlers.
Flyebaby Infant Airplane Hammock – Flyebaby
The Flyebaby infant seat attaches to the seat in front of you on the airplane to create a baby hammock. It can also turn any chair into a highchair to feed your little one. It is lightweight and portable.
Pronto Changing Station – Skip*Hop
This portable changing station is extra wide and easy to wipe clean. It can hold up to 4 diapers and even comes with a wipe case. It all can fold up into a convertible clutch that you can easily put inside a diaper bag or clip to your stroller.
Take-Along Mobile – Tiny Love
This on-the-go mobile can attach to your baby’s car seat, pack and play, bassinet, or stroller. It plays 30 minutes of music with 5 different tunes.
Simple Squeeze Kit – Infantino
The Simple squeeze kit is the perfect on-the-go baby snack. You can make your own baby food and put the puree in their convenient food pouches. The pouches are dishwasher safe and you can buy an attachable spoon to make feeding your baby while traveling even easier.
Solly Baby Wrap – Solly Baby
The Solly baby wrap is an easy way to carry your baby close to you. It folds up so small and can fit easily in a diaper bag or purse and makes the perfect carrier for traveling.
We all want the best for our babies. We research the food they eat, the clothes they wear, the carseats that keep them safe, and just about anything else that impacts their day to day living.
But what about the things we can't control. We live in a fast-paced, rushed, active world today. The environment that most babies are exposed to today is different that what their parents experienced when they were babies.
AND IT'S NOISY! So how loud is too loud for my baby's hearing? The answer may surprise you.
Information from The Children’s Hearing Institute revealed the following:
Noise over 85 decibels is hazardous to your child’s hearing.
The Institutes Recommends avoiding noise over 80 decibels.
Common sources of noise to which babies are exposed include:
Ambulance sirens- 120 db
Motorcycles, firecrackers-120-140 db
Noisy toys- 90 db
Restaurants- 80-90 db
Alarm clocks, city street traffic - 80 db
Vacuum Cleaners- 70 db
Furthermore, according to a recent article in The Chicago Tribune, once a baby's hearing is damaged, it may hinder how they learn once in school.
So what is the solution? Keep your baby inside and protected from our noisy world? Avoid restaurants, noisy toys, and alarm clocks? What if you could soften those startling sounds so that your baby stayed calm, comfortable and protected from high decimal noises?
HUSH Baby, LLC has an ideal answer. The HUSH Hat is a sound absorbing baby hat that is great for when your baby is asleep and reduces the level of noise they hear when they are out and about with mom and dad. Lightweight and comfortable, babies are calmer during long events because the lower noise level keeps them from getting overstimulated. They go to sleep quicker and sleep more soundly when you get them home, too. Watch the HUSH Hat in action.