If any of you mommas are like me you look forward to every single holiday and get as excited as your kids! I'll take any excuse to celebrate.
I love making holidays memorable and exciting to give me and my family something to look forward to. Making holidays memorable doesn't have to be expensive or overwhelming, who has time for extra stress? Not me!
With St. Patrick's Day being tomorrow I wanted to share a fun idea that would be easy to throw together for your little ones to make the day a little bit more special!
A leprechaun snuck into your house in the middle of the night (or while your kids are at preschool or school) and set up a SCAVENGER HUNT that leads to a pot of treasure! Here are some steps to create your own scavenger hunt:
1. So while your babies are sleeping in their HUSH baby sleep hat with the infant hearing protection to block the noises of you setting up the surprise, set up a trail of gold coins (plastic or chocolate) mixed with shamrocks cut from paper, too easy. This trail can lead wherever your creative mommy heart desires and think would be fun. That could be behind the couch, under the coffee table, on the kitchen table, in the bathtub, the possibilities are endless.
Lets just take a second to imagine our littles with their big bright morning eyes, filled with excitement as they follow this mysterious trail that appeared over night! So worth it.
2. At the end of the trail will be a pot of gold! What should this pot be? It could be anything green or anything you have around your house that would work, a basket, a green beach bucket, a leprechaun hat etc.
3. What do we fill our pot of gold with? Grab anything gold, green or rainbow from the dollar store, craft store or the seasonal aisle of the grocery store. Some ideas I have are:
Lucky Charms cereal
Rolos candy (as little gold nuggets, how cute!)
Again with the chocolate coins (sneak some for you too)
Shamrock necklaces or headbands, leprechaun hats
Any green candy
And DON'T FORGET a HUSH baby hat! We have so many cute options to choose from.
4. Add any changes to make the St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt your own.
5. Once you hear those sweet baby noises, it's time! Get excited and be surprised to get them excited! Follow them to figure out where this magical trail leads. Take some pictures so you can look back at how awesome you are! Enjoy the joy at the end when they find the surprise. Have this be a great start to an even better day!
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY from us at HUSH! We wanted to celebrate by giving you guys a 25% off discount code. Use POTOGOLD at checkout! Woot woot!